Pirate Bay - The best place to Download Torrent Files for Free
Are you facing any trouble in browsing or accessing the galaxy's
most popular torrent search engine?
Is the torrent website banned in your country?
Has your Internet Service Provider blocked your access to the Pirate bay? There's No Need to Worry!!!
You can use one of our piratebay proxies listed below to unblock the piratebay securely in 2022. All the lists provided below are 100% encrypted and secure to use.Warning! Please do not take the risk of downloading Torrents Without a proper VPN! Get Express VPN 3 months free with 1 Year Plan by clicking the below banner image. Please support us to run this website by buying the VPN with our affiliate links by clicking the banner image below 😌😌😌
We Strongly Recommend Using Express VPN - #1 Trusted VPN to Anonymize your Torrenting.
Pirate Proxies are one of the most easiest ways to bypass and unblock the piratebay website. Also, check out the Alternate ways to access TPB. We have provided proxy lists from the countries where the piratebay is not yet banned and illegal. These pirate proxy list of 2022 provide you the full access to the original content without any fear.
Similar to a VPN service, a proxy is an another way to unblock torrent websites that are banned in a specific countries due to the restrictions imposed by their government. Our team has worked tirelessly to discover these proxies that are also safe to browse. Some of them have already found its place on reddit's pirate proxy server.
Founded in the year 2003 by a Swedish developer called Piratbyran, The Pirate Bay (TPB) operates on the principle of unrestricted and open dissemination of information. It is a peer-to-peer torrent website where people can find a wide range of torrent files and also share their own files on the platform.
How Do I Know Which Torrent Website Is The Best for PirateBay?
If search results are overwhelming for you to the degree when you don't know which peer to peer file sharing website is the working one and which one is not, here are some tips to avoid malicious content:
- Look at the number of Seeders and Leechers on thepiratebay. Seeder is the one who gives out copyrighted content for people, and the leecher is the one who downloads the pirated content from the seeder. We want to find a torrent with a high amount of seeders, but a low amount of leechers, so there are a lot of people willing to send you to share torrent files and a tiny amount to download. That's how you get maximum download speed.
- The more seeders there are on pirate bay, the better and stable the connection will be. That's why one seeder and 0 leechers are wrong, even though there are no people who are going to compete with you and steal your high-speed connection. So the more seeders you have you’ll access speed that will download it faster for you.
- When you’re downloading large torrent files, you typically want to find as many seeders as possible on pirate bay, even if the leechers number is pretty significant. The way torrenting works is you don't download the whole file. Instead, you get pieces and then compile them into one file. So if there are 50 computers worldwide willing to send you information, it's not stressful to lose a bit from someone who stopped seeding because there are many other ones to back you up.
- Watch out for fake torrent files and malicious torrents. Always turn on your Antimalware software and do not turn off Windows Firewall if it gets prompted. If you do, you’ll have a higher chance of getting a virus. You should always check the comments section before downloading pirated content.
Are the proxies listed above are secure to use in 2022?
Yes, they are completely safe and reliable to use. So, without any doubt they provide a safe gateway to anonymize your web surfing and present the unblocked version of thepiratebay to you. Time to time we check and monitor the safety of these website. But, we cannot give you complete assurance that these proxies will keep you out of trouble from your government. As, they have more advanced technologies to track the user on the internet. We always recommend our user to use a VPN so that you are 100% anonymous on the internet.
If we talk about 1080p Bluray movies, the size can be like 5GB, but if we talk about 1080p 60FPS, you can see the same film with 60GB+ weight. At the same time, if you want a low-quality movie like 360p WebRip, it can weigh like 500MB.
When accessing the Pirate Bay Site, you will be able to access almost everything, including the best content that you own. Let's take a look at all-time TPB statistics from the highest number first:
Everything is inside an extensive database with upload dates, peers, leechers, and names and constantly gets updated in real-time. There is no need to register; you would need an account to upload torrents, that's for sure, but if you are a regular user, it's fine without one.
On private trackers and websites, it is mandatory to have an account and even pay for registration, but it's completely free in the case of The Pirate Bay mirrors.
The technical side of The Pirate Bay
The website had Hypercube webserver as an old and deprecated technology a long time ago. Since then, pirate bay developers upgraded it by making it less hardware-heavy, reducing bandwidth, and making it easier to understand.
At this time, the server was getting two requests per millisecond on each of four Linux shared intermediate servers, so the team moved to more than 30 different servers to help ease traffic which helped the internet speed.
The pirate bay website runs eight web parts, one global database, multiple search systems, and numerous BitTorrent files trackers. The frontend is written on PHP using Lighttpd, and the previously mentioned database is MySQL. Search systems are powered with Sphinx, and everything on the website gets cached by Varnish.
In 2007 backend finally migrated from Hypercube to an open-source solution called Opentracker. Also, SSL encryption was introduced around that time to prevent ISPS (internet service providers) from seeing detailed information about requests and to secure its user base. This migration made it possible to synchronize dozens of servers using UDP multicast.
IPv6 support was turned off entirely from Opentracker in 2009 since many people at that time were already introduced to decentralized ways of torrenting with things like Distributed Hash Table (DHT) and Peer Exchange (PEX).
At the end of 2012, magnet links were announced as the only way of getting torrent information from the pirate bay website since it would be beneficial for running costs, the reason behind it is additionally storing torrent files would drive server prices higher than it could be with Magnet Link technology.
What are the Pirate Bay Mirrors?
The TPB torrent is a redesign of the original site. They have undifferentiable user interface however they have unexpected URLs in comparison to the original form of TPB torrent. Even though some of The Pirate Bay Mirrors may state something different, there is anything but a solitary thepiratebay proxy created by the developers behind TPB.
The Pirate Bay Mirrors and Proxies are generally created by the fans and supporters of Pirate Bay Proxies. Be that as it may, it’s additionally safer to run over malicious Pirate Bay Proxies made by programmers and con artists. Such mirrors are regularly used to send viruses and malwares to the user's computer. But, Thankfully our website does not promote any such malicious sites. In May 2006, ThePirateBay's creater was taken into custody by the Swedish police, and the galaxy's most popular torrent engize had to go down. But, within three days the webpage was brought back online, and its traffic had since only multiplied, thanks to every media corporations who tried to put it down.
December 2014 Pirate Bay Mirrors Sites Locales went dim for a second time after Swedish police assaulted its facilitating office. Around a similar time, Pirate Bay Proxy Sites Destinations arbitrators were captured, energizing that the site had been genuinely undermined.
What are the advantages of unblocking the PirateBay using these Proxies?
The world's most popular torrent website has been banned globally by several internet service providers across the world, most of them are from United Kingdown and United States of America, but you can still find the list of unblocked version on our website, some of the TPB mirror clones listed here are the ones that are generally hosted from Europe, Poland, Russia and other countries where the online piracy rules are not that strict and are still legal to browse. So if you are not able to access TPB website, then use the websites mentioned here to unblock it and access it from any anywhere in the world. These TPB lists are encrypted and extremely fast.
How to access the pirate bay securely without getting caught?
This is the most general question we have been asked by many torrent users. The answer depends on which part of the world you are living in. There are countries where the piracy rules are not that strict but in some places government has taken a tough stand against internet piracy. We have tried to come up with the list of encrypted proxies which allows you access the world's most popular torrent search engine - thepiratebay without any restrictions so that you can download your favourite movies and application. For security and legal reasons, we strongly recommends for using a Virtual Private Network so that your government won't be able to track your IP address.
How does these proxies work and how to use them?
The TPB proxies works from different parts of the world where the Internet Service Providers (ISPs) have not banned them yet. Proxy owners use these location to setup a untraceable proxy. They have been setup to create a mirror for pirate bay therefore you don't have to download any third-party VPN to unblock the banned website.
These proxies go through a different server IP address from the server you are accessing. If I explain this with an example, it goes like, if some user accessing to the pirate pro which are located in United States, the request will go through the server from a different country, so it has been considered as safe.
The main motive behind creating these mirror clones, is to deliver the original pirate bay content to millions of people without any restricitons and safety violations. It delivers the anonymous version of the website to the end users. With this, website owners earn some profit by showing advertisements on their website. This helps them in maintaining the server cost and keeping the service udpated.
What is a proxy server ? How has it been used to create duplicate version of the pirate bay?
A Proxy server is a intermediate gateway between the user (you) and the internet that seperates you from the website you are accessing. On you browser, the traffic flows through that server first and then it serves the requested data to you from that website. Meanwhile, it also hides the server's IP address in between the process. It provides additional functionalities such as security by making you anonymous on the internet. Each and every computer with an active internet has a unique recognizable address which is referred as an IP address (Internet Protocol Address). The internet provides us the result using this IP address. So, when you use a 2022's proxy list of pirate bay, your request goes through that medium, and then the server collects the response on your behalf and shows you the webpage in your browser. While doing so, it changes the original IP address you are visiting.
Why do they need profit for mirroring the original site ?
Well in the world of web, it requires money to run a server and show the content to the user. To host these sites on a web server, they need to bear the cost of server and domain name. So by displaying ads, they arrange the server cost and their developer cost.
Avoid Censorship - Unblock the Piratebay
ThePirateBay has been blocked by several major ISPs all over the Europe and United States. Major copyright holding companies are censoring the popular piracy websites. Since 2011 Internet service providers from UK, USA, Netherland, Belgium and now even France have started blocking many file sharing websites that includes The Pirate Bay. However their efforts seems to going in vain as the popularity of these websites are growing day by day. This is due to the help of information websites such as this one that provide an up to date proxy list for ThePirateBay, and further information on how to avoid censorship using alternate methods. We periodically check our pirate bay proxy list against several major ISPs around Europe to make sure they have not been blocked. The traffic keeps on increasing day by day. This is mainly because of many informational websites like ours - pirate-proxy.space, people are getting aware of how to unblock pirate bay. We regularly check our pirate bay proxy list against several major ISPs across countries like India, United States, Australia, and even in European Countries to make sure that they are up and running. Pirate Bay proxy sites are by far the easiest way to unblock TPB, please select one from the list on the left. They are order of speed and reliability. Alternatively look at our other methods of avoiding censorship, and bypassing the blockades. If you need help on setting up your own Pirate Bay Proxy please see our guide here, where we have also released our own Pirate Bay Proxy script.
Complete Information about Pirate Bay
It was co-founded by three Sweden developers named Gottfrid Svartholm, Peter Sunde and Fredrik Neij. The Pirate Bay, commonly abbreviated as TPB around the globe, uses peer-to-peer (P2P) technology that allows users to download torrent files for free with the help of a BitTorrent protocol. Due to strict pressure from various media agencies, this website was found guilty of violating copyright laws. Due to this the founders were sent to one year in prison and were ordered to pay a fine.
The Pirate Bay was founded in 2003 by a group of Swedish individuals. To this day The Pirate bay offers an index of magnet links and torrent files that allow users to search and download peer to peer file sharing using a BitTorrent Client. TPB requires users to install a BitTorrent Client before they are able to download any files made available through magnet links on the Pirate Proxy. The Magnet links contains the required information for the BitTorrent client to download the chosen torrent files with the help of trackers and the DHT network. Fortunately, there are several BitTorrent clients to choose from, most popular being uTorrent - a very lightweight piece of software maintained by BitTorrent itself. You could also choose to use another torrent software such as qBittorrent, Vuze or Deluge.
To make is easier to download files, the pirate bay has clearly classified its database, placing every available torrent in its category. Some of these categories are videos, games, applications, audios, and many more. There are easy to navigate buttons on the webpage and search option to search all torrents available on this torrent site.
People who use Piratebay are generally referred as the "Pirates". But the real pirates are the one who have registered themselves on the platform and share downloadable torrent links and magnet links. Since the arrest of its founders, its popularity has grown significantly. There are over 100 million users who visit pirate bay on the monthly basis.
How to Use The Pirate Bay
It is very simple to find the best content on the piratebay. You can also look into the helpful tips below to make your torrenting experience enjoyable.
- Users can search from the Top 100 Lists – these lists contains the best 100 best movies, applications, games, TV series, and other content. These lists are the quickest way to find everything which is popular on piratebay.
- To make yourself anonymous while downloading torrent from the piratebay, use a premium VPN. We have always recommended ExpressVPN.
- Try to use different proxies from time to time. Do not download files from a single website again and again. It would be great for community if you upload content too. This will help the community grow.
- While registering yourself, don't use your real names. Try to stay anonymous while accessing the piratebay.
- Leave comments as much as you can. Leaving comments helps other people to know more the torrent. This helps other users to know if any torrent has any malicious content or not.
Advantages and Disadvantages of the Pirate BayAdvantages of using Piratebay
- Special Code of Integrity - Every P2P file sharing platform runs under a clearly defined codes of conduct, most of which are not well written. So, if you are looking to download content from Pirate Bay, the process which is commonly referred to as leeching, you are required to carry yourself with utmost integrity. Also, if you are uploading torrent to the site, which is known as seeding, the same level of integrity is also expected from you. This ensures that whatever you do the torrent website or any other peer to peer file sharing platform doesn’t infringe on other people’s rights.
- Resume Downloading and Uploading Content After Interruption - Previously, long before the launch of Pirate Bay, downloading files always proved to be a difficult task. Back then, the internet speed was also very slow. Even getting a small file from the internet could take a couple of hours if not days. This made it impossible for people to download anything because there was no way one could keep their system running for days trying to download a single file. But with the introduction of torrent sharing websites like TPB, the experience has really improved since you can easily stop the download and resume the process at a later time. So, you don’t have to worry about any obstacles while downloading a file because you will be able to resume the process from where you left off.
- Easy to Search Files - This torrent search engine has been designed this way that you will be sure of finding the torrent files you want without any hassle. This P2P sharing platform has millions of torrent files that are carefully clustered into different categories for easier exploration. For instance, if you are looking for any specific TV series or movie, you simply click on the TV Show category section and scroll through the list of all the TV series. Alternatively, you can just type the keyword in the search bar and click search to search from the complete database. The result will be provided with everything that has been seeded under the keyword you’ve typed in the search bar.
- Slow Internet Problems Solved - As compared to the age-old method of downloading files, torrent file sharing methods are extremely effective. This made it easy for users to find millions of torrent files on The Pirate Bay, even if there is a huge load on traffic. Therefore, you will be able to search for your favorite torrent even when your internet speed is slow.
- Easy to access - Many peer-to-peer websites are vulnerable to censorship by authorities or government because they are often accused of violating copyright laws. This makes their accessibility very difficult. But with the introduction of Pirate Bay, you have several ways through which you can access it. For instance, you can use the primary URL without any restrictions. And if the URL has been blocked by ISPs in your region, you can safely access the site through a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
- Access Torrents for free - One of the primary reasons for ThePirateBay being so popular among leechers and seeders around the galaxy is the fact that it is completely free to access. You don't get charged for downloading any files from the torrent website. This allows you to access thousands of your favorite tv shows, movies, games, applications and music videos without spending a single penny.
- Risk of downloading viruses - Since a long time, pirate bay has been a perfect source of getting your favourite content for free. But it has also been infiltrated by users who do tries to place malicious content on your system. Unfortunately, TPB doesn’t monitor or keep track of the quality of files being uploaded to the site or being downloaded its users. This means that there is always a possibility of users downloading harmful and malicious files.
- Encrypted Files - With the improvement in technologies, it has become harder for users to share files on the pirate bay because content creators are nowadays using programs that are designed to prevent people from sharing any copyrighted content. Most of these softwares are directly encoded in the files to disable the functionality of copy/paste. In other way, you may be required to use a product code only applicable to specific regions. In consiquence to this, you might spend a lot of time downloading files only to realize later that you do not have the right passcode to be able to decrypt them. Some files have CD cracks and keygen codes that provide a way around with this kind of encryption. But you have to use them responsibly.
- Affects the Internet Speed - Torrent downloading sites such as Pirate Bay are likely to slow the internet speed because whenever you download a torrent file, you are simultaneously uploading the same file for other users. The more files you download and upload at the same time, the slower your internet connection will be. Sometimes it is even difficult to open other webpages, leave alone stream videos or play online games. It’s even worse when you are downloading large files. You may have to decrypt the downloaded file, which in most cases takes a lot of time.
- High Risk of Exposing your IP Addresses - Every computer connected to the internet has an IP address associated with it that tracks the physical location of the user. So, every time you download/upload files to the pirate bay, you are revealing your identity on the internet which includes your IP address. For example, if the file you are downloading has two seeders and four peers, it means that your IP address is exposed to ten different users. It also means that your IP address can be seen by other users in your network. Fortunately, you can prevent this by installing a virtual private network (VPN) on your computer.
- Not possible to leave review before downloading - There is not guarantee that it is completely safe to download torrent from pirate bay proxy websites. You cannot be sure of the file you are downloading before actually downloading it on your system. Additionally, there is no way to review the torrent before you download it. This presents the risk of downloading files with malware that could damage your PC. Even the quality of the video and audio remains unpredictable until the download is complete. Nevertheless, the website has a comments section where users can leave their feedback regarding their experience with the downloaded file. So, you can easily know the quality of the file you are looking to download by reading the comments left by other users.
- The safest way to download a file from a Pirate Proxy is make sure your internet connection remains untraceable whilst downloading torrents. You can protect your identity and IP by using a virtual private network, or VPN. A VPN routes all of your internet traffic through another IP therefore hiding your real IP. It is important to choose a secure no log VPN, making it impossible for any governments or ISPs to monitor your internet connection whilst downloading torrent files from the pirate bay proxy. It is important to remember that whilst it is good practice to keep you IP protected whilst downloading from TPB, peer-to-peer file share is not illegal in any way. It is only the act of sharing a copyrighted file that may be deemed illegal by governments and media corporations in your jurisdiction.
- ThePirateBay remains to be the worlds most popular torrent file index to this day due to it's incredibly simple easy to use interface, size and variety of its index, and its resilience to staying online. Dubbed as "The Galaxy's most resilient BitTorrent site", The Pirate Bay remains impossible to take down. Whilst The PirateBay team have had their fair share of raids and attacks on the website, it is still online till this day. This accompanied by the fact there are now hundreds of pirate bay proxy websites keeping the pirate bay online and circumventing any government blockades. If one pirate bay proxy is taken down, another two will replace it.
Disclaimer: It is important to remember that whilst it is good practice to keep your IP protected whilst downloading from TPB, peer-to-peer file share is not illegal in any way. It is only the act of sharing a copyrighted file that may be deemed illegal by governments and media corporations in your jurisdiction.
This P2P website specializes in sharing magnetic links, which are commonly used for referencing resources that are available for download through the network. This network is able to download the selected files with the help of a BitTorrent client. Initially, users of the pirate bay were allowed to download torrents that came in the form of BitTorrent files – small files containing metadata that is required for downloading data files.
It is now easy to find torrent files on this website because they are classified into different categories including Audio, Applications, Games, Video, and Other. This site also offers a Browse feature that helps users to search for their favorite files without having to go through all categories. Furthermore, it features sub-categories such as Audio Books, Comics and High-res Movies. From the year 2012, pirate bay has been offering 3D-printable items that are found in the Physibles category. This website also offers different options of searching for particular torrent files, including the file name, date posted, number of leechers and seeders, and more.
A Guide On How to Use The Pirate Bay
If you are looking for the easiest and safest way to access great torrents on thepiratebay, here are some quick tips for you.
- Check the Top 100 Lists – these are the lists with the best movies, games, TV shows, applications, and more. You might not find everything you need but these lists are at least safe.
- Use VPNs Always – a VPN is important for protection even if pirates bay is allowed in your country.
- Avoid using it continuously – if you don’t download torrents continuously from this website, you will be safe. It’s that simple.
- Try to be anonymous – do not use your real name when registering your account. Try to be as anonymous as possible on the site.
- Leave feedback on your favorite torrents – by commenting on torrents, you help other users to find the best files. You can also benefit from other user’s comments. So help others so that they can help you.
These simple tips will keep you safe and happy on pirate bay.
Who is a pirate?
A "Pirate" is any person using The Pirate Bay, including the registered users contributing magnet links and torrents. Since the establishment of the pirate bay and the consequent raid in 2006, the number of “pirates” using it has grown exponentially. The website puts the current number of its users at 5 million.
Step by Step Guide for Downloading Torrent Files from Pirate Bay
For you to be able to download torrent files from TPB, you have to have a BitTorrent client and a VPN (virtual private network) already installed in your device. Open these two programs and then choose the file you want to download. It could be a movie, music video, application, or a TV show. Here are the main steps to take to get a file from the pirate bay.
1.Get a BitTorrent Client There are numerous BitTorrrent clients that you can use to download torrents from the pirate bay. For instance, you can use Folx. Once you’ve downloaded the software from the company’s website and installed it in your computer, make sure it is running properly. Then open the Options Menu in the settings and select your preferred download options. Now you are ready for the download.
Due to numerous sanctions from different authorities, Pirate Bay keeps changing its URL. Therefore, if you can’t access the official website, try searching the name Pirate Bay on Google or the other search engines. This will help you to find the site’s updated URL. Alternatively, you can use the various proxy sites available. We recommend this sites:
I n the search bar, type the name of your preferred file and press enter. It will give you a list of the torrent files that have that name. From this list, you should choose the files that have the most seeders because they download faster.
Once you have opened the torrent file you wish to download, you should click the magnetic link labelled "Get This Torrent" to add the file to your BitTorrent client. The file should start downloading immediately. Also, remember to choose where the downloaded file should be stored in your device. Wait for the BitTorrent to let you know when the file is complete. Once complete, the file will show "Distributed" or "100%." You can open it on your computer by double-clicking on it or move it to another device for subsequent use or playback. Bravo!
Pirate Bay Allows You to Sort Your Search Results Using the Headers
You can sort your search results on pirates bay by clicking on the headers even if your cursor doesn’t show underlined text or highlight the clicking options. Just make sure you click on the actual text and not the box. This creates the filtering processes to enable you to get your preferred torrents.
TPB has also made it possible for you to sort your search results alphabetically by titles, dates of the upload, and sizes of the torrents. This search process also allows you to find torrents with the highest number of seeders and leechers. You can even sort the results by usernames.
However, this last option can get skewed due to many anonymous uploads. But although it appears confusing in the beginning because it doesn’t show the available sorting mechanisms, it becomes useful when you want to choose between several versions of the same file that have been uploaded by the same user, especially when you want to find the version with the highest quality. It is also useful when you want to find the version with the most leechers and seeders for a speedy downloading process.
The Pirate Bay – How Safe Is It?
Generally, Pirate Bay is not illegal since it doesn’t offer any content or adverts of its own. It is simply a peer-to-peer sharing platform. Therefore, if you are in a country where the site hasn’t been blocked, you can use it without fear. And even if it has been blocked in your country, you can still access it through the various proxy sites available. These are mirror sites that offer the same content that is available on the original site but have different domain names and IP addresses. However, it is not possible to authoritatively say that every mirror site is safe. While most of them are safe, there are some that offer adware and other kinds of malware.
It is also important to note that even though the original website is safe, some of the torrent files being shared on it may possibly be unsafe. Since these files are hosted by users on their personal computers, they can be totally unregulated. Consequently, you should be careful when you are opening magnet links on this website because some may have harmful malware.
How to Use VPNs to Download Torrent Files from Piratebay?
VPNs have proved to be the safest way to access and open different torrent links on the pirate bay. Here are some of the important guidelines for using a VPN.
- Install a VPN–there are many free VPNs that you can download and install on your PC. You can also find the most advanced ones that are quite affordable. The best one we can recommend is ExpressVPN.
- Open Your VPN—when your VPN is fully installed, open it and search through different countries to choose the safest one to use for the Pirate Bay. The safest countries including the U.S.A, Netherlands, and Switzerland.
- Click the connect button—click on the Connect button or any other button that is meant to allow you to activate the application. Sometimes the application might refuse to connect to certain countries, so try as many countries as possible.
- Download Files from Pirate Bay—once the VPN is connected, choose the files you want to download from tpb and download them. Make sure you are connected whenever you download a file.
- Disconnect the VPN—once you are done downloading the files, disconnect the VPN. You don’t need it to view or use the downloaded files.
How to access the Pirate Bay Using a Mobile Device?
Before 2014, it was very difficult to access thepiratebay.org using a mobile device. Not many options existed back then, in as far as opening a BitTorrent client was concerned, and the whole catalogue on the torrent site appeared messy. In fact, the founder of pirate bay was honest enough to admit that the website’s mobile experience was “crap” at the time.
However, as the number of its mobile visitors continued to grow, the site became more friendly to mobile users, with the mobile experience improving considerably within a short period of time. But even with these updates, iOS users still continue to have problems accessing The Pirate Bay. They have to jailbreak their mobile phones and tablets in order to access the site.
Luckily, Android users do not have to endure the same difficulty because they can find numerous torrent clients on Google Play that can help them download content from thepiratebay. The site is also accessible to Blackberry users. In addition to these torrent clients, the website also offers RSS feeds that make it more accessible. This RSS function allows you to download content from the site remotely and customize your mobile phone experience.
With over 75,000 new files being uploaded to the site every month, the pirates bay is definitely an unparalleled source of free online content. The good thing is that you can enjoy all these torrents on your mobile phone or tablet regardless of its operating system.
How to Select the Right Torrent File from Search Results?
When you search for a torrent file on the pirate bay, you will be given a list of files that have that name. This list is divided into two columns labelled SE and LE. The SE column is for seeders and the LE one is for leechers. Simply put, seeders have the torrent file you wish to download while leechers are people trying to download the file.
Therefore, for faster downloads, choose files that have more seeders and less leechers. If a torrent file has 400 SE, it implies there are 400 people on your network who have that file. And if the file has 400 LE, it implies that there are 400 users on your network trying to download the file.
Essentially, a 5GB torrent file with 200 seeders will only take one or two hours to transfer to your device provided your internet is good. However, you may have to wait for a few days to transfer the same torrent file that has 10 seeders and 100 leechers.
Same torrent files can have different sizes, mainly due to their quality. A good example is YouTube videos, which have several quality options, including 144p, 240p, 360p and 480p. Also, some files, especially applications, come with additional tools, which increase their sizes. Therefore, choose a smaller file to avoid installing the unnecessary additional tools.
Before you download any torrent file on Pirate Bay, you should go through the comments in the comments section to see what other users think about the file. This is the section where users leave their feedback. By reading the comments section, you will find out if the torrent has malicious malware.
Why is it a Good Idea to Use a VPN when Using The Pirate Bay
There are multiple benefits that come out of using a VPN - Virtual Private Network - to access the torrents stored on The Pirate Bay. However, the first and most important of them all is the anonymity it brings. While using the website is not illegal overall, there are some jurisdictions where downloading copyrighted content can be against the law.
The anonymity it brings is even more useful since if you’re caught in the middle of a copyright infringement claim, you can’t escape it by simply deleting the files you downloaded. So, using the Pirate Bay becomes a lot safer with a VPN since it makes is impossible for the Internet Service Providers to track your activity. With a VPN, you will avoid receiving any cease-and-desist letter from your ISPs or any other repercussions that can come out of that.
Even though users don’t usually think about these facts, downloading a copyrighted file without express permission from the publisher and even end up with a lawsuit and consistent fines. On the other hand, the costs of a VPN are insignificant.
Another advantage of using a VPN software for navigating peer-to-peer websites such as The Pirate Bay is that it can guard your computer against malware and other harmful artifacts that can be found on these sites. You can escape the fear of always being exposed to malware if you use a VPN as it creates an extra layer of protection when you’re visiting sites.
On top of protecting your computer from harmful websites, a VPN keeps people that want to track your activity at a distance. So, if you’re located in a jurisdiction where piratebay.org is not directly available, a Virtual Private Network will give you free access to the site. Once you add the VPN software on your computer, access the Pirate Bay and look for the torrent files you need knowing that you will be able to download them with ease and without worries. Use the search bar on The Pirate Bay to rapidly locate the torrents you want and download all the content to your computer.
Pirate Bay Has Adopted a New URL Structure
At the beginning of the year 2020, the Pirate Bay remained inaccessible for a couple of weeks as the site developers carried out some restructuring works. The updates involved the adoption of a new URL structure, which affects anyone trying to pursue a Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) takedown. And with the number of pirate bay users increasing exponentially due to the stay-at-home situation brought about by Covid-19, millions of DCMA takedown notices from content creators are expected to increase all through the year 2020.
This also means that the website visitors and downloaders will continue to receive several notices for a single activity. Majority of the users might not even experience any difficulties with the latest URL structure, but the site may present some random coding or screen errors. Since old links are able to redirect to new ones, your bookmarks are still useful.
Since 2016, the pirate bay has received More than 5 million takedown requests, but because of the recent updates in address, all of these requests have to be submitted afresh for the links that are still active. Another notable change is the sharp decline in activity levels. This drop is probably as a result of the new magnetic links rather than traditional server procedures.
How to Circumvent Blockade by Your ISP?
Have you noticed that your internet connection becomes slower at night, especially when you are downloading or sharing torrent files on pirate bay? If so, it could be that your internet service provider is restricting the P2P bandwidth. With these restrictions, you are unable to load torrent files or even open the P2P website.
So, for you to continue to enjoy your favorite torrents, you have to bypass the bandwidth restrictions by your ISP. You can achieve this by installing a virtual private network (VPN) on your device. With a VPN, you will be able to send data traffic through encrypted tunnels, thus preventing your ISP from tracking your activities. That way, they won’t be able to restrict your connection.
It is More Enjoyable to Contribute to the Pirate Bay Community
As one of the most popular torrent websites, the pirate bay continues to attract more users every day. Although sharing torrent files is the main objective of using this website, most users seem to be drawn to the website by the large number of usable torrents being uploaded every day. Therefore, being a contributor gives you a sense of achievement, knowing that you are part of the reason why the community continues to grow.
How to become a contributor on TPB?
- Open your account on Pirate Bay.
- Once you are logged in, find the Upload link at the bottom of the Home page.
- Find the file you want to upload.
- Name the file – choose a title that can be easily searched using the Search option.
- Choose the right category for your file on the site.
- You can choose to upload the file anonymously or reveal your identity.
- Include tags and a description.
Note: It is not a must that you create your pirates bay using your personal information. You can still give users access to your files using your Bitcoin wallet address. That way, you can still offer support to the platform without revealing your identity.
Pirate Bay – How Often Is It Blocked?
There are many reasons why pirate bay may not be accessible in your region. The duration it remains unreachable also depends on the location you are in. For instance, if you are in an area with legal restrictions on downloading websites such as thepiratebays, then you will always experience forced downtime. Sometimes authorities will restrict access to certain portions of the website.
When your government blocks pirate bay or any other torrent site, there is no legal recourse that you can take because different internet systems have the right to limit access to such sites for copyright infringement reasons. The only way you can circumvent this is to use a VPN or do location spoofing. However, spoofing is only effective for a short while.
In some situations, mirroring websites have proved to be quite useful. These are websites that replicate the content available on the main TPB site. They are quite useful in areas where the main site has been blocked. However, some authorities block even the pirate bay proxy sites. So, you will have to dig deeper into the list of mirror sites available to find the ones that are operational.
In other instances, the website may be down because of server overload. Just like a crowded hallway, a URL can also be overcrowded, resulting in digital jams. In this case, you should just wait for the jam to resolve itself naturally. So, keep trying until the system is restored.
Why Should I Use a VPN to Unblock thepiratebay?
The Pirate Bay has proved to be the most reliable P2P sharing platform for torrent files. It offers hundreds of thousands of files, including movies, TV shows, music, and applications. With all this content, the site doesn’t promote sharing of illegal content. It is just a platform where users can share files through their networks.
Therefore, the site is not responsible for the sharing of any copyrighted content. For this reason, you are responsible for your own security when using pirate bay. That’s why it is advisable to use a VPN when accessing or downloading content on the site. It saves you the hassles associated with torrenting.
Why Is Safe Browsing Important in Today's World
One of the reasons why you should practice safe browsing is to prevent your internet provider from monitoring your activities on the internet. Without any security measures, your ISP is able to monitor you and know whenever you visit restricted sites such as TPB. This is risky especially if you live in a country where the pirates bay has been prohibited due to copyright infringement problems.
Luckily, a VPN helps you by-pass all these hurdles by concealing your IP address and your activities on the internet. It also gives you an alternative IP address, allowing you to browse restricted sites without exposing yourself. With a VPN, your personal data is encrypted, giving you the freedom to enjoy the free content on the pirate bay.
Are there any Alternatives to Pirate Bay?
Over the years, the piratebay website has gained a massive following and popularity around the world mainly because it is easy to use. In fact, it is considered the most consistent and trustworthy torrent site. However, because of its popularity, the site is often the first one to be censored by authorities, making it risky to use. Also, it is increasingly becoming challenging to unblock the TPB website in different countries. Fortunately, there are numerous alternatives to this website.
Kickass Torrents – this a torrent website sharing downloadable movies, games, applications, TV shows among others. It is accessible from almost any part of the world. Even in places where it has been blocked, it can easily be accessed through VPNs. Also, the site has numerous domains that can be used by users in places where the main site has been blocked.
EZTV – if you like streaming TV shows, this torrent site is ideal for you. It has many great features including a calendar with release dates, an anonymity checker, and more. This website is easy to access and use.
Zoogle – this website offers hundreds of thousands of great movies, games, and TV shows. Its only drawback is that it has so many pop-up ads. However, there are many ad blockers that you can use to fix this problem.
ExtraTorrent – this torrent website has a great layout and a search bar that makes it simple and easy to use. The site also offers a large BitTorrent system which has loads of content.